[Rhodes22-list] Next photo mystery - VHF antenna?

Joseph Hadzima josef508 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 11 19:11:49 EDT 2007

Hi

The answer is sometimes or maybe :-)   Antenna design is
based upon the intended frequency and power (amoung many
many other factors) to be used.  IF the frequency range of
the two functions are close enough (e.g. the same band),
then it is possible, but other factors must still be
considered.

Ever notice a HAM radio operator's dipole antenna?  Look
close and you'll see small "lumps" in the two horizontal
wires, these are "chokes" which electrically change the
antenna length to better fit the current transmission
frequency (the higher the frequency the shorter the
antenna).

I DO NOT know the requirements of a GPS antenna, but I'll
guess you can't use it for both VHF & GPS.

As Dick Tracy used to say: "6-2 & Even, Tracy out" (and no,
I have'nt clue what that means).

Hope this helps

http://www.rhodes22.org/pipermail/rhodes22-list/attch/200703/11/image5.jpg