[Rhodes22-list] Source of water in bilge?

John Lock jlock at relevantarts.com
Wed Mar 14 12:22:35 EDT 2007

Hi folks,

I've been checking out the electrical stuff on my R22 while it's
still on the trailer.  I noticed a few days ago when I hit the bilge
pump switch that it pumped out several gallons of water (which we had
carefully towed back from North Carolina).  OK, I figure it's been
sitting out for several months and rain go it in.  No biggie.

What's puzzling is that each day I've gone out and hit the bilge pump
again and it pumps out more water.  Now, it hasn't rained here since
I got back.  So, where can more water be coming from if it's already
been pumped out?

FYI - the lazarette also has water in it which I haven't pumped out
yet.  However, its level is not decreasing, so I don't think that's
the mystery source of the water.

Cheers!

John Lock