[Rhodes22-list] Cleaning Sails Reply to Alex...

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Tue Mar 20 07:22:27 EDT 2007

Hello Alex:

I will answer your question after I ask, 'Who are You???  Do you own a
sailboat?  Give us a clue.

The sails for a Rhodes 22 are large in area and difficult to wash by
yourself.  Further if you wash the sails yourself you need a very large area
to dry them.  The results are less than good if the sails have any serious
stains.  Consdier packing them off to Sail Care.  The results will be very
good.  They will make any repairs necessary.  The catch is cost about $500.
See: http://www.sailcare.com/

That being said, it is worth the cost.  The difference between their work
and my own washing was dramatic.  Unfortunately, it is their busy season
right now so expect some delay.  However, in my opinion it was worth the
money for the quality of job done.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA
http://www.squeteaguesailmakers.com/soguide.html