[Rhodes22-list] Chesapeake Bay get together this summer ??

elle watermusic38 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 22 21:20:53 EDT 2007

It is sounding more & more like Solomons Is. might be
a good place...good staging & launch at the Thos.
Johnson bridge over the Patuxent, marinas & B&B's
nearby, restaurants, beautiful river, close enuf to
Annapolis to drive for the day to the Boat Show but
far enuf away that crowds aren't a factor. And it's on
the Annapolis side of the  Bay Bridge. Towing over the
bridge may be uncomfortable for some.

ele
--- Rory Orkin <roryorkin at earthlink.net> wrote:

> I would expect also that it would be a zoo around
> Annapolis at boat show
> time..Criterion might be
> I would expect somewhere we could tie up .. Place to
> get together for a
> meal.. Some might prefer  on land accommodation..
> Annapolis another weekend
> works, Cambridge perhaps, Baltimore area ??..
> St Michaels ??  Chestertown probably entails too
> much traveling up river..
> Comments ??
>

> Mary Lou Troy-2 wrote:
> >
> > Not exactly a guru but I've always been told that
> anchorages fill up
> > well before the boat show. It's a stop for many of
> the folks heading
> > south in their boats. I don't think there are too
> many anchorages
> > with easy access to the boat show. When we go to
> Annapolis we usually
> > take a slip at one of the marinas though many of
> our friends take
> > moorings. Neither of those are an option during
> the show. It might be
> > best to separate the sailing event and the show
> event. Two parties
> > instead of 1?
> >
> > Mary Lou
> > 1991 R22 Fretless
> > Rock Hall, MD
> >

> > At 07:52 PM 3/22/2007, you wrote:
> >>Rory,
> >>I guess it would be wise to defer to local guru
> authorities on this
> >>question.  Now we need to get some other skippers
> enthused so we can
> >>have one helluva party.
> >>Art

 1992 Rhodes 22   Recyc '06  "Watermusic"   (Lady in Red)