[Rhodes22-list] Economics

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Fri Mar 23 09:07:51 EDT 2007

Wally:

     What you have said is particularly true where house values are
overvalued in anticipation of increasing in value.  I suspect a big time
shake out coming.  However, you blame Bush.  Come on now, where were the
Democratic critics a couple of years past.

      Bush's stated intent was to allow anybody who really wanted a house to
be able to get one.  His ecomomics have helped that goal.  Now it is up to
them to keep them.

       Not all will.  However, I suspect many will.  The current default
rate in the sub prime market is quoted as 23%.  Truth is it will go up in a
recession.  Remember some of the creative sub par financiing was pure
speculation.

       There will be some creative ways to help prevent defaults, but that
does not answer your premise, why was the situation permitted.  It is a
general governance issue and legislators of both parties did not want to say
or do anything.

       What is more interesting to look at is the declining value of the
dollar.  They say inflation is under control.  However, what you get for the
dollar is less.  So the value of some of those homes under duress is not the
same value in dollars as a few years ago.  Hum.  Another way to hide facts.

       This is not a Bush issue, but the way the politicians and press hide
the truth.  If it were a liberal democrat in office, they would be looking
elsewere, and so would you.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA