[Rhodes22-list] Renewals

Robert Skinner robert at squirrelhaven.com
Fri Mar 23 20:05:15 EDT 2007

Tootle wrote:
> I got Sail magazine for years.  However, I got pissed off at them.  Even
> though I had more than three years left on my subscription, they kept
> sending me renewal mail that did not state when my subscription ran out.  So
> I decided to get out from their unethical renewal practices.  After my
> subscription ran out, they kept sending me renewal notices.  Now they do it
> by email.  One day a lady called.  I told her why I quite.
>
> It had nothing to do with the quality of magazine.  In fact it is good.  If
> you have a long term subscription already, to keep asking for renewals
> sounds of fraud to me.  They get to use your money without interest.
> Furthermore, a renewal notice should on the face state when a subscription
> ends.

Ed, I just send back all renewal notices
without an actual expiration date in the
generally business reply envelope
requesting that they provide it.

Sometimes they reply with the info, and
then I check that against my checkbook.  No
jibe, no pay.

I have noticed that when the actual date
comes near, they always supply the
expiration date.

Sail, Wooden Boat, and Practical Sailor
all get a bit previous.  Only Small Craft
Advisor is straight up.
--
Robert Skinner  "Squirrel Haven"
Gorham, Maine         04038-1331