[Rhodes22-list] Cockpit Drain Size

Todd Zumach zoomerzx at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 17:36:05 EDT 2007

Hey Sailors,

The ice is still about 2' thick up here (really, they are still ice fishing
and driving ATV out to the hot spots), but I am thinking of bringing
Zephyrus out of hibernation.  Sailing may still be a couple of months away,
but I am considering a few projects before I get the boat wet.  One project
I am considering is upgrading the cockpit seat drains.  My 1986 R22 has
drains that are often getting plugged up and even when clear, don't clear
out the water very well (and we all know the overflowing water ends up in
the lazerette).  I am wondering what is the hose size of the seat drains on
the more recently built or recycled boats.  Are they 1-1/8" ID hose?

Any help would be appreciated.

Capn' Z
Phillips, WI