[Rhodes22-list] Cockpit Seat Channel Drain Size

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Sun Mar 25 11:52:21 EDT 2007

Todd:

You asked a technical question eight weeks to late.  Everybody is getting
ready to go sailing.  You have to learn to ask that type question from
November to February.

The new Rhodes have bigger drains that are molded in rather that thru hull
type.  Stan has changed that design more than once.

If you know how to work with glass and epoxy, cut out the older drains and
mold in bigger ones flush with the bottom of the cockpit channel as the new
boats are made.  I would try to use two inch drains if I were doing that
project.  In fact I may do it also, because as you say, the older drains
plug up easily.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA
Addendum:
FORECASTLE - The raised part of the forward end of a ship's hull. The inside
space may be used for crew accommodation or quarters, though on new ships
this space is being used for the storage of paints, tackle, deck and engine
stores, tarpaulins, etc.