[Rhodes22-list] Way Off Topic - Actually right on topic - political and abuse of power issue

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Fri May 4 08:09:23 EDT 2007

Joe:

Actually your post and one of my recent addenda are related.  There are many
people who attain a certain position and then do believe that the job they
hold requires a moral or ethical responsibility.

The rest of us realize that a service provider like a dry cleaner will
destroy a garment occasionally.  The process of cleaning has lethal
potential, and not just mere delay.

The judge has forgotten he is human and is subject to error, just as the dry
cleaners.  He has attained a certain level of arrogance.

Your reference:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18471265?GT1=9951

And the original article of summary that I referenced really speaks to the
same issue.

http://www.armedforcesjournal.com/2007/05/2635198

That is simply misuse of position.   In your case arrogance was the issue,
in the other not speaking up when your opinion is not popular, or just
kissing ass to gain promotion?

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA