[Rhodes22-list] Bow Down - David Bradley

Al Miller al_shell at verizon.net
Mon May 7 09:54:55 EDT 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: rhodes22-list-bounces at rhodes22.org
[mailto:rhodes22-list-bounces at rhodes22.org] On Behalf Of Tootle
Sent: Monday, May 07, 2007 9:19 AM
To: rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Subject: [Rhodes22-list] Bow Down - David Bradley

Dave:

It has been stated in the past on this forum that the Rhodes 22 sails best
with the bow slightly down... the boat is said to point better with the bow
down.   This is a elusive subject to check in the archives... But you can do
it.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA
"There was a great difference in boats, of course. For a long time I was on
<snip>
I remember Mishka pointing a small bit better with the bow down, too…It was
one of the experimenting days when the task was pointing as close as
possible to the wind…re routing the sheets, moving the ballast, eh, 2nd
mate, traveler centerboard depth, etc.  She rides more comfortably (read
drier) bow up (on her lines) in 15-20 knotts and seems to be more forgiving.
Seems to me that she wallows with too much bow up???  been a long time…$0.02
Al
Mishka