[Rhodes22-list] Running Red Lights

john Belanger jhnblngr at yahoo.com
Wed May 16 01:55:32 EDT 2007

sounds like they are farming out the maintainance and upkeep. municipality probably owns them. but might be leasing them to cut costs during  trial period. check with your rep.

Brad Haslett <flybrad at gmail.com> wrote:  This is something new I didn't know existed. My suburb of Memphis has
Gestapo style cameras mounted everywhere, including most stop lights.
Yesterday, a TN state representative from Wally's area introduced a bill
that would make running a red light caught on camera a non-moving violation
and won't count against your driving record. Fair enough. The original bill
had language that prevented cities from entering revenue sharing agreements
with the private companies that install and maintain the equipment but that
bill didn't make it out of committee. What? I had no idea these things
were privately owned. What a crock! Now I am pissed.

Brad