[Rhodes22-list] Bruce's Rotten Bottom continued ...

bgreenwald at optonline.net bgreenwald at optonline.net
Sat May 19 11:37:52 EDT 2007

Dave,

I don't have it out yet - raining this weekend so I will probably not get back to it or a few days.  I have ordered some "debond" and will see if that helps.  I have the "old" style round flange which Stan has advised should have come right up once the bolts were reomoved.  Except for the bottom of the socket, which has completely rotted out, the rest fo the socket seem sin very good shape.  I have a replacement, provided by Stan, which is rectangular, with what appears to be a bolt under the socket hole driving up - not really sure what I am supposed to do with that so I have decided to ignore it - if I can get the old one out and the new one screwed back into the floor the bolt seems superfluous.

I'll keep you posted - pictures when I get back tothe boat if there is anything worthwhie to photograph.  In the meantime, everytime it rains I have visions of the foam under the floor getting a good soaking.

Bruce Greenwald
s/v Ruach 18