[Rhodes22-list] Jib sheet locations (was: Close Haul Question)

John Lock jlock at relevantarts.com
Tue May 22 10:59:44 EDT 2007

At 09:36 AM 5/22/2007 -0400, Mary Lou Troy wrote:
>Do you have 3 sets of leads for
>the jib (cabintop, side deck and on the coaming tracks)?  If you were
>sheeted to the cabin top, it might be better to be sheeted to the
>side decks - the jib might have been pinched a bit if it was to the
>cabin top.

Can you be more specific about the location of the additional
leads?  I've got the long sail track on the coaming, going the length
of the cockpit.  I can sheet the genoa inside or outside the outer
shroud.  But those are my only options.

So... can I add a strip of sail track to the cabin top?  Or maybe
just a block or something to bring the sheet inboard, but still run
it back to the car on the coaming?  What is the difference between
the "side deck" and coaming?

We really need a whiteboard for this ;-)

Cheers!

John Lock