[Rhodes22-list] Jib sheet locations (was: Close Haul Question)

john Belanger jhnblngr at yahoo.com
Tue May 22 13:13:13 EDT 2007

thanks

Mary Lou Troy <mtroy at atlanticbb.net> wrote:  John,
The coaming track is next to the cockpit and the winches. Different
era boats seem to have different length track. Ours goes from the
front of the coaming (just aft of the cabin) to adjacent to the winch.

The side deck track runs alongside the cabin. I've attached a picture
but I haven't had any luck getting pictures through to the list so
I'll copy you on it directly.

The cabintop lead consists merely of a lead with a cam cleat - no
track - if you get the picture you can see the cleat between the
cleat for the topping lift and the poptop. There's a bullseye lead
further forward that I think we use with this but without a better
picture or being at the boat I don't recall. We haven't used the
cabintop sheeting arrangement enough. Usually when we get winds high
enough to make it useful, the waves are big enough that we don't want
to be out in it.

Hope this makes things clearer.

Mary Lou
1991 R22 Fretless