[Rhodes22-list] Genoa size and usage

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Thu May 24 08:26:16 EDT 2007

Mary Lou,
I attach the whisker pole at the bottom of the shroud, around the threaded
part. It's a little more abrasive on the plastic whisker pole fitting, but
barely noticeable and it keeps it from riding up.
After I buried the bow going wing on wing, I'm very careful about how  much
sail I have out. Even with the 175 partially furled, I would still pole  out. I
use a really light weight pole. Costs about $100 at WM. If I break it,  not a
big deal to replace it.
I will have to remember to take the digital camera with me so I can get  some
shots of my genny in different configurations. I have great sail shape,  even
when furled down to 100. If I have furl any more than that, I should be
anchored in a cove drinking massive quantities.

Rummy