[Rhodes22-list] Barrier Coat, Reply to Hank

Hank hnw555 at gmail.com
Fri May 25 13:37:19 EDT 2007

Thanks, Ed.  I appreciate the input.

The $400 estimate was based upon 3 gallons of interlux from west marine at
~100/gl.  That's how much is needed to get 5 coats and a 10mil thickness as
they recommend.  Of course, this is their recommendation on bare fiberglass,
not on top of Gelcoat.  I could probably get away with less on Gelcoat.  I
have since looked at a Pettit product from defender for 60 a gal, that gets
to 12mil in 3 coats at 60/gl.  2 gals is sufficient with this.

Now I'll research what you sent and figure out what to do.

Thanks,

Hank