[Rhodes22-list] Key Largo-Reply to Pete

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Sun May 27 11:15:55 EDT 2007

Peter,

I do not have the time right now to reply to all that you ask.

You will get back in time to see the Mountain Laurel in Bloom.  I got to see
some yesterday near Sapphire.  It is a great bloom there, all white and
light pink.  For the lowlanders, it is worth the trip.

Have you ever seen the Rhododendrons in bloom at Craggy Gardens or Roan
Mountain?  Now that is a trip worth taking.  Even Mary Lou would enjoy it…

Sail repair question?  I have used a local loft and Sail Care.  There was no
comparison in the quality of work.  Sail Care does a very good job.  The
local guy did exactly what was asked and no more.  I would not go back to
him. There was another similar defect about to happen that I would have
expected the expert or experienced repair person to have noticed.  For using
Sail Care you just put in box and mail to them.  Then they will call you
with an estimate and approval.

Since your sail is of recent vintage, maybe Stan would want to see the
failure and could use is loft to repair it.  Also the filler boards and
cushions might be had from Stan.

LAKE WATAUGA – Watauga River - you will be the first to do down river white
water sailing on the Rhodes, you might not want to raise the mast till you
get to the lake.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA
Addendum: