[Rhodes22-list] Laz leakage at the rear of hatch

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Tue May 29 11:35:51 EDT 2007

Rory,
I don't have any experience with a R22 on a lift, but it sounds like a  great
idea for keeping the bottom clean. That being said, as my boat sits in the
water, the bow is heavy and the stern is higher. All water that collects on the
 seats drains through the centerboard pennant hose. I make sure that the ball
on  the end of the pennant line does not block the hole. My boat also is
slightly  heavy toward the starboard side, so water collects in the seat gutter
and turns  green over a period of time. I have found that sailing on a regular
basis and  spilling as much rum as possible on the starboard seat keeps the
green growth in  check.
I'm not sure how you would seal the lazzerette cover. Gallons in the
lazzerette is not a good thing. Perhaps the easiest solution would be to install  a
bilge pump with a foot valve.

Rummy