[Rhodes22-list] Furler drum part missing

John Lock jlock at relevantarts.com
Wed May 30 18:01:47 EDT 2007

The spool/drum on my jib furler doesn't have the metal shroud or
housing (not sure what you call that) that keeps the line on the
spool, (see photo attached).  This causes a problem when unfurling
the jib if I don't tend the furling line carefully.  The line tends
to drop off outside the spool and winds around the headstay
underneath instead and I have to go up there and untangle the mess
before I can furl it back in again.

Now... if I keep tension on the furling line with one hand while I
pull out the jib sheet with the other hand, I can keep it winding on
the spool OK.  But that makes for a juggling act that I'm growing tired of.

So, can you get replacement parts for furlers like that?  I can't
tell what make it is, the only marking I can find says "Made in
Taiwan".  Also, this is a non-GB rig so not sure if they can be of any help.

Cheers!

John Lock
s/v Pandion - '79 Rhodes 22
Lake Sinclair, GA