[Rhodes22-list] Furler drum part missing

Steven Alm stevenalm at gmail.com
Wed May 30 19:43:20 EDT 2007

John,

Learn to deal with it.  You need to "tail" the furling line while you unfurl
the sail.  Yes, it's a bit of a juggling act but after a few times it'll be
easy.  Even more juggling is that I have to also tail the windward jib sheet
so it doesn't get fouled on the bow cleat.  Don't be so quick to change
equipment--learn to handle what you have.  Yes, you can buy a drum with a
cover that prevents the line from falling off the drum and making a "birds
nest" under the drum and you have to go forward and untangle it,  but most
of us have what you have and have delt with that birds nest too, but we've
learned to  make it work.  Keep trying.  Be patient.  After a season or two
then decide if you want to change it.  Unless of course you have money to
burn--then do it.

Slim