[Rhodes22-list] Rhodes in NJ

FCrawford0707 at aol.com FCrawford0707 at aol.com
Thu May 31 09:54:37 EDT 2007

In a message dated 5/30/2007 7:18:45 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jsail1 at verizon.net writes:

Frone,
I know you're out there. I wanted to get together at some  point, on
water or land to plan a 3-day trip south, either AC or  Cape May.
We've been going North to Toms River/Pt. Pleasant the last  few years
and need a change. Jody (my gf) & I are planning  something for end of
August and not sure if offshore or backbay is  best, and also
recommended marinas, stops, etc. I was thinking about  Frawley Marina
in AC, for convenience, but now considering a quiet  spot, not a zoo.

Anytime you want to sail here, or sail with us, you're  on. Our summer
conditions are fairly consistent, thermals switch  winds from West to
South about 11AM. We always have wind, typically  15-18, but Rob & I
look forward to small craft advisories to  push the Rhodes. For my six-
pack license, I need 40 more days offshore,  plus experience in high
surf coming in. So we're planning more ocean  time. We've been talking
about getting together over a few years,  let's plan it.

Regards to Andy.
Jay

Hey, Jay - thanks for your note.  We expect to be around in late  August.  We
did the section from Beach Haven to A City on the waterway -  neat going thru
the refuge area, but the flies were heavy.  We did A city  back to Avalon
offshore in pretty benign conditions.  If you would like to  stop over in Avalon,
let me know and I think I could get you use of a slip at  our condo for the
night.  We will not be doing any cruising this year -  pretty much daysailing
around the back bays in our area.   Best,  Frone