[Rhodes22-list] Laz leakage another reply to Rory

Todd Tavares sprocket80 at mail.com
Thu May 31 20:28:57 EDT 2007

 All,
I haven't taken time to read all of the laz/drain posts, but you guys are
way over thinking the problem. A boat that old had 3/4" drain "thru-hull"
fittings.  The actual ID was more like 3/8" and would quickly be swamped
during a hard rain.  First the boat should be dead level beam wise to
keep one drain from getting more water.  But the best fix is to go to 1"
or 1 1/8" plastic fittings (both have the same diameter bodies).   If you
do not have a dremel tool or roto-zip, buy a roto-zip bit and put it in
your drill to enlarge the holes.  Both sides took me about an hour and a
half, not counting sealer drying time.

Todd T.