[Rhodes22-list] Winter storage questions

Daniel Snyder dancsnyder at comcast.net
Mon Nov 5 08:52:02 EST 2007

Rummy,

This year after securing the mast horizontally on the pulpit and mast
crutch I bought a section of 4 inch pvc pipe to which I fitted another
pvc section...forming a T of sorts.  I then cut the long section to size
and installed it in my mast tabernacle as a midship brace for the mast.
I drilled a hole at the bottom of the pipe and used my large mast bolt
to keep it in place within the mast tabernacle...then cross bungeed the
mast to the T section.  I sure takes some of the weight strain off the
mid section of the mast, which becomes a little heavy with the 175 genoa
strapped to it.  Probably overkill but I did it anyway.  Works nicely.
Dan in NH