[Rhodes22-list] Winter storage questions

john Belanger jhnblngr at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 5 11:59:43 EST 2007

like that better than 4x4. thanks. i used water bottles filled with sand for weights on the tarp last year. i drilled a hole in the cap for the line. being the lowest point on the hanging tarp, they were always filling up with water. going to use handled bottles this  year.

Daniel Snyder <dancsnyder at comcast.net> wrote:  Rummy,

This year after securing the mast horizontally on the pulpit and mast
crutch I bought a section of 4 inch pvc pipe to which I fitted another
pvc section...forming a T of sorts. I then cut the long section to size
and installed it in my mast tabernacle as a midship brace for the mast.
I drilled a hole at the bottom of the pipe and used my large mast bolt
to keep it in place within the mast tabernacle...then cross bungeed the
mast to the T section. I sure takes some of the weight strain off the
mid section of the mast, which becomes a little heavy with the 175 genoa
strapped to it. Probably overkill but I did it anyway. Works nicely.
Dan in NH