[Rhodes22-list] Flying Video

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 13:12:01 EST 2007

Art,

Yeah, it's overdone.  I never noticed it that much but you can keep your
feet on the rudder pedals and stop most of it.  The Bo came out of the
factory as a 'hot' airplane and the instrumentation and skill level of the
first pilots (WW2) who flew her weren't prepared for how clean the airplane
really is.  Add doctors and lawyers and you have a recipe for disaster. Here
we are 60 years later and the lawyers have really created a disaster.  All
the good stuff comes from Europe these days or is built in your garage.  My
ultimate goal is to go the garage route.  I'm still facing at least one
"show stopper" to get my bird through annual inspection.  She's worth more
in parts than whole - what a shame. I'm surprised the sailboat market hasn't
faced the same challenges.  I guess there's not enough money in anyone
company to make them a juicy target.

Brad