[Rhodes22-list] Flying Video

Robert Skinner robert at squirrelhaven.com
Wed Nov 7 00:03:42 EST 2007

Brad Haslett wrote:
> ...  I'm still facing at least one
> "show stopper" to get my bird through annual inspection.  She's worth more
> in parts than whole - what a shame. I'm surprised the sailboat market hasn't
> faced the same challenges.  I guess there's not enough money in anyone
> company to make them a juicy target.

There are three major factors that keep the lawyers
away from sailboats:

1.  Everybody knows that sailing involves risk.
It's a tradition.  Go to sea, maybe come back.

2.  Boats generally float if they are having some
sort of problem.  Airplanes tend to fall out of the
sky.

3.  People who sail small boats usually don't have
big bux at stake.  Small airplanes are not cheap.
(But you knew that!)

Finally, if you sue a sailboat company, the good
ones go bankrupt and sell the molds to someone who
keeps on producing the good ones.  From a lawyer's
point of view, slim pickings.

Ultralights are the motorcycles of the air.  A jury
figures you have to be crazy to get in/on one.  What
lawyer can fight that?

Lawyers graze where the green is grassier.

/Robert