[Rhodes22-list] Has The World Gone Mad?

Robert Skinner robert at squirrelhaven.com
Wed Nov 7 23:26:00 EST 2007

Classic experiment in psychology:

Infant monkeys and serogate doll mothers, one cloth and one wire mesh.
Conclusion - primates need cuddly physical interaction to grow up healthy.

If a school cannot discriminate between a hug and full contact sexual
abuse, the administrators need to be fitted for straight jackets.

How sick!

/Robert S.
Brad Haslett wrote:

> OK, we have lots of educators on the list.  Is this really a problem in our
> schools these days?  I was a product of the late 60's and early 70's and I
> would say school administrators then should have been more worried about
> conception in the hallways or perhaps arson than hugging.  This story is
> from a small town not too far from where I grew up.  Am I missing something
> or have people gone nuts? This doesn't seem to be the only school policy
> with such a policy.
>
> Brad
>
> (KMOV)- Some parents and students are complaining their school district is
> going too far after a middle school in Mascoutah, Illinois has banned
> hugging.
>
> At least one student is being punished, and others are being warned.
>
> Megan Coulter, 13 is in trouble at her middle school for hugging two
> friends, a girl and a boy.
>
> Her school is strict enforcer keeping it drug free, gun free, and now hug
> free.
>
> Coulter has received two after school detentions.
>
> The middle school principal refused to talk to News 4, and not one student
> seems to support the hugging ban.
>
> Coulter's parents protested but say she was threatened with suspension from
> school.
>
> The 13-year-old is serving her detentions, and promises to stop hugging her
> friends rather than risking further punishment.
>
> The superintendent called news 4, and said the principals are only enforcing
> school policy banning public displays of affection, but the policy does not
> specifically mention hugging.
>
> He says he believes the community supports the policy.
>
> Be sure to watch the full report on News 4 at 10 p.m.

Robert Skinner  "Squirrel Haven"
Gorham, Maine         04038-1331
s/v "Little Dipper" & "Edith P."