[Rhodes22-list] Has The World Gone Mad?

Hank hnw555 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 10:45:12 EST 2007

Brad,

They're not actually suing yet, just threatening to sue, which is a common
legal tactic.  A buddy of mine had a beef with the Previous Owner of his
house and the Agent.  A lawyer friend of ours wrote a "we'll take you to
court..." letter and the caved and settled.  If they had ignored it,
probably wouldn't have ever gone to court.

Now in this case, I agree the the district probably cannot sue, but the
specific individual probably can.  If there posting, in a public forum, that
Joe Blow, the superintendent, actually lied or stole something, then I feel
the Joe can sue them for libel, provided he didn't lie or steal.

Hank