[Rhodes22-list] Sails

Peter Thorn pthorn at nc.rr.com
Fri Nov 9 08:14:21 EST 2007

Brad,

FX?  My friend Arch bought a headsail from them for his Catalina 25.  It was
way too big -- an obvious error.  They made good on the error and the sail
looks fine now.

For a good price and quality work I still like Cruising Direct.  They sell
on the web and phone from Rhode Island and have small service loft there.
The sail designers are the very same ones North Sails uses for all their
sails in San Diego, I think.  The production is in Asia.  Globalization has
arrived for sail making.   There are only two choices: Dacron or laminate.
The design was precise and they answered all my questions and concerns ( I
had many).   If you call say hi to Dan Calore from me.  (No -- I don't get a
commission)

PT