[Rhodes22-list] Sails a reply with pictures

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Fri Nov 9 09:13:56 EST 2007

Brad:

FX sails is not Air Force Sails.  When Sailnet went bankrupt, Sailnet did
not own Air Force Sails, it was a separate company owned by Sam Boyle and is
still owned by Sam Boyle.

FX Sails has it sales office in Folly Beach, just out side the city of
Charleston.  Their loft is in Fort Lauderdale Florida.  They are a company
created by the company out of Pennsylvania who bought Sailnet from the
bankruptcy court.  I believe that you would find that the new Sailnet
Company had a relationship with the Florida loft before acquiring the old
Sailnet.  Remember that the acquiring company or new Sailnet was a marine
supply company.

So you have an option, go thru Cruising Direct or North and have your sails
made in Malaysia or have Florida made sails.

Ullman Sails are made in South Africa.

Or, you may want a quote from these guys.  I have dealt with them for other
sailing hardware and they will talk to you.  The guys who do the work will
talk to you.  You know, real people.  They are in the St. Pete area:
http://www.newjsi.com/cams_loft.aspx  (see your sail being made)

http://www.newjsi.com/sailquoter/index.aspx

http://www.newjsi.com/default.aspx

Ed K