[Rhodes22-list] Sealant Question

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 18:57:20 EST 2007

Ed,

RTV "room temperature vulcanization" is silicone seal.  Permatex makes a
Blue and an Ultra Blue that all the auto parts stores carry.  Either one
would probably do what I need but with all the engineering types, motor
cycle owners, and all around other smart people on the list, someone
probably knows of an "improved" product.  If it doesn't work - and this is a
big, big, requirement - it would need to be removable so the gasket can be
replaced by the repair facility in California.  The cost of having it
resealed at $900 is not the hurdle, the hassle of removing it is the
hurdle.  We're only talking about sealing against a pint of gear oil but it
sure makes a mess when it leaks out.

Brad