[Rhodes22-list] Fw: Question for Mary Lou Troy

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Sun Nov 11 20:09:13 EST 2007

At 07:59 PM 11/11/2007, Ron wrote:
>Mary Lou,
>
>When you decided to use the remote controls with your Yamaha T8 was
>it because of the difficulty in using the tiller controls that the
>motor came with?

Nope, we did it years ago with the Honda (our previous outboard)
because we do a lot of motoring through drawbridges and maneuvering
around marinas. We didn't like continually reaching back to the motor
to shift gears or adjust the speed. The new Yamaha outboard didn't
come with the controls you could mount on the tiller. I don't think
it was an option with this model. In any event we already had the
controls that mount on the table base in the center of the cockpit.
We really like them there. Never considered mounting them on the tiller.

Mary Lou