[Rhodes22-list] Sealant Question

Todd Tavares sprocket80 at mail.com
Sun Nov 11 23:14:01 EST 2007

Brad,

Didn't you said your bird was in the middle of an annual?  Did the IA
write up the leak and if you sealed it yourself, would he sign off on
it?  I have externally sealed cast gearboxes on elevator machines using
regular blue RTV from the auto store with great sucess.  Are you sure it
is leaking at the caase halves and not from the shaft seal?

Todd T.