[Rhodes22-list] Sails

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 20:20:50 EST 2007

Hank,

I sent the sails of my R-22 to Sailcare and they came back as clean and
crisp as a freshly starched shirt.  But then again, they were in pretty good
shape when I sent them there.  The mainsail on my S2 needed a few hundred
dollars of repairs and came back wrinkled and dingy, just like it was in the
beginning.  Sailcare is a good company and they do good work, but they can
only work with what you send them.  I don't know what the price beta on a
General Boat sourced sail is versus an outsourced sail but I doubt it is
enough to warrant the hassle - I'm guessing less than $200.  Hell, it's
worth that just to get a chance to converse with Stan.

Brad