[Rhodes22-list] Brad, Michael T, a reply and a question...

Arthur H. Czerwonky czerwonky at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 15 16:47:27 EST 2007

Mike,

Still awaiting an answer from Ed on the weight of the OEM main sail fabric.  The fabric weight can be designated be the Cruising Direct customer, so if 6 of 7 oz fabric is required for either sail, they will make it as requested.  I'm not sure how you will weigh the quality issue Ed suggests, but I understand that both Cruising Direct and Doyle produce sails offshore.

The OEM fabric weight and mass are key boundaries because the sail needs to fit into the mast properly.

FYI, the difference in cost between 5oz and 6oz in the main is negligible, although the longevity is greatly enhanced with 6oz, assuming it fits into the mast.

CD has told me they will not add $ for either sacrificial cloth or a batten slot, if requested.  They apparently do not have the certain dimensions and will need this to produce.

No one has determined the cost from Stan, why not?  He could be the best source overall, probably with the Doyle product.

Art