[Rhodes22-list] Hardware stores and women (humor)

Michael D. Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Fri Nov 16 13:40:38 EST 2007

Brad,

Speaking of heat ...

Charlie was fixing a door and found that he needed a new hinge, so he sent
his wife Mary to the hardware store. While she was waiting for Walt, the
store manager, to finish waiting on a customer, Mary saw a beautiful
bathroom faucet.

When Walt was finished, Mary asked "How much for that faucet?"

Walt replied, "That's pewter and it costs $300."

"My goodness that sure is a lot of money!" Mary exclaimed.   Then she
proceeded to describe the hinge that Charlie had sent her to buy and Walt
went to the back room to find it.

>From the back room, Walt yelled, "Mary, you wanna screw for that hinge?"

Mary replied, "No, but I will for the faucet."

This is why you can't send a woman to the hardware store.