[Rhodes22-list] Do you have the UPP (Motorized engine lift)?

Paul Krawitz krawitzmail-rhodes22 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 18 08:38:09 EST 2007

With a trip to Edenton behind me and a new boat on
order, I'm debating about the UPP (Motorized engine
lift) with the Honda 9.9HP engine.

If you have the Yamaha 9.9 HP engine with the pulley
lift, have you found that acceptable?

If you do not have the Yamaha 9.9 HP, do you recommend
your current engine?

If you have the UPP (motorized engine lift), let me
know what your experience has been with the
following...

1.  Is the steering linkage more of a bother to set
up, or have you found it invaluable?

2.  Have you required any repairs to the motorized
lift? If so, has your local marina been able to handle
that?

3.  Yamaha no longer makes the 9.9HP engine combined
with the tiller throttle. If pertinent, have you had
any problems obtaining supplies?

Thanks guys.

Paul K