[Rhodes22-list] Do you have the UPP (Motorized engine lift)?

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Sun Nov 18 09:25:37 EST 2007

Hi Paul,
To answer your questions

At 08:38 AM 11/18/2007, you wrote:
>If you have the Yamaha 9.9 HP engine with the pulley
>lift, have you found that acceptable?

We have a manual lift that we use with our Yamaha 8HT. The manual
lift works fine for us.

>If you do not have the Yamaha 9.9 HP, do you recommend
>your current engine?

The 8 was a little lighter than the 9.9. More than enough power. We
replaced our old "classic" Honda 8 this year. The Honda died from
saltwater corrosion and blockage of the cooling passages. There was
no convenient way to flush that motor after every use. Because we are
in brackish water that became an imperative for the new motor. While
the new Hondas have an improved flushing mechanisms the Yamaha's was
more convenient.

We don't have the rudder to motor linkage but there are times when it
might be useful. The new motor doesn't back to port as well as the
old. One of the Yamaha dealers we spoke to said there are aftermarket
parts to rig a linkage. Don't have any experience with the rest of
your questions.

Mary Lou
1991 R22 Fretless
Rock Hall, MD