[Rhodes22-list] Do you have the UPP (Motorized engine lift)?

Daniel Snyder dancsnyder at comcast.net
Sun Nov 18 09:43:10 EST 2007

Paul, I had a new R22 built 2 years ago and I did purchase the UPP
(ulimate power package) with the 9.9 Yamaha.  I find the motor to be
OK...sometimes a little hard to start (you have to be sure it is primed
well....also put the engine in gear and twist the handle to full speed a
couple of times to make sure some fuel is flowing....then start and warm
up a bit before you slip your mooring.  I have found the steering
linkage to be a valuable help, especially in reverse.  It is not big
deal to pull the pin and bring the arm back to mid ships....just darn
sure you do that before you hit the "raise motor" power button.  For two
seasons now it has worked flawlessly.  My biggest irritation so far has
been the fuel line fittings that snap onto the motor and then into the
gas tank....they have frequently become unsnapped...Stan sent me new
ones which seem to work at the fuel tank position....still becomes
undone at the engine...you'll know it when the engine dies!  Just have
to snap it back into place.  Dan in NH