[Rhodes22-list] Winter Sail Discussions-Removing IMF Main

Steven Alm stevenalm at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 18:00:11 EST 2007

David,

I replaced my main furling line this year so it's still fresh in my
mind.  I did mine at the dock and when I pulled the assembly out the
bottom of the mast, one of the roller bushings had a screw loose and
almost got away from me and fell in the water.  So go kind of slow and
steady.  Also helps to have an extra pair of hands.

The only tricky part was threading the furling line back through the
spool.  I used a crochet needle to hook it and fish it through.
You'll know what I mean when you see it.  This isn't a difficult
project (if I can do it, anyone can) but like Rummy said, make sure to
map the process so it goes back the way was.

Slim