[Rhodes22-list] Southern drought

John Lock jlock at relevantarts.com
Wed Nov 21 12:21:28 EST 2007

At 11:21 AM 11/21/2007 -0500, John Tonjes wrote:
>Corps of Engineers and the National Weather Service, they told a very
>grim story. Rainfall is not expected to pick up until next spring. The
>corps told lake owners to expect lake levels to drop thirty feet.

Dang!  That's pretty drastic...  I noticed the latest projection the
Corps of Engineers posted on their website.  The graph tells the
story pretty clearly -

http://water.sas.usace.army.mil/archive/10Week/071121_P004.gif

Just be thankful you're not on Lake Lanier.  It's down 20 feet right
now and forecast to drop even further.  Most boat ramps are not
usable.  Keep that in mind if you intend to pull the boat.  Do it
before the ramps become roads.

Cheers!

John Lock