[Rhodes22-list] Free to Pee! Taxes

Robert Skinner robert at squirrelhaven.com
Thu Nov 29 12:13:22 EST 2007

Thanks for that, Brad!

I can hear: "Will the honorable Senator Mumble
please step this way and contribute a sample.  Your
number just came up on the random selection machine."

I can see the sign that says, "Please contribute a
sample before receiving your welfare check."

I can hear myself saying, "Sure, I'll pee in a cup
for you - as soon as I see the lab results on my
company's CEO and Chairman of the Board."

In my dreams.

The assumption that those with "front-line" jobs are
the only ones who may have their performance on the
job affected by drugs is demonstrably false.

/Robert

Brad Haslett wrote:

> So I haven't actually read this proposed bill to tax boats, but I will.  The
> basic gist is that you have to pay a user fee if you can pee ON your boat
> instead of OFF your boat (which would expose you some other laws).  Fine by
> me, by all means lets tax peeing!  We could tax breathing but that would be
> too difficult to measure.  Now here's what really bugs me about this - I pee
> for a living.  Twice a year I have to pee on command for my gubment required
> medical exam and randomly whenever the computer says my number came up, and
> always if "I step on my pee unit" or appeared about to do so.  Fine, I know
> the rules, no problem!  How about this?  Every time the Congress convenes,
> they should have to pee on command and we, the taxpayers, will determine
> what 'boogymen' we're seeking in their pee.  Every time someone shows at a
> gubment office to collect their check for, whatever, they have to pee.  I
> pee to make the money that the gubment takes a third of to redistribute, it
> seems only fair that folks who did nothing to recieve MY money should have
> to follow the same rules.  By all means, I support peeing and the taxes
> associated with peeing.
>
> Brad

Robert Skinner  "Squirrel Haven"
Gorham, Maine         04038-1331