[Rhodes22-list] This is cause of America's problems...

Robert Skinner robert at squirrelhaven.com
Thu Nov 29 19:10:30 EST 2007

Good folks,

When I lived in upstate PA, I hung a sign at my driveway
entrance - "Rifle Range" - during hunting seasons and set
man targets here and there on the property.  Naturally,
the local constabulary - sheriff, police, and game warden -
were very curious, and stopped in to visit.

I told them it was a sham to keep hunters away from my
house, and would they please talk up how dangerous it was,
etc.  They cooperated nicely, and hunters kept away from
"that nut up on the hill"...

I only shot a few holes in the targets now and then to
preserve the illusion - generally when some jerk was
walking past my "Rifle Range" sign on the driveway with
a weapon on his arm.  Target, of course, was nowhere near
him.

/Robert

Rob Lowe wrote:

> Mary Lou,
> I can relate.  We keep the hunting schedule nearby too.  Our house is
> surrounded by woods where hunters frequent.  We've got a yellow/brown dog
> that could pass for a deer to those "shoot at what moves" type hunters.  She
> hates it when we keep her fenced in during the season. - rob

Robert Skinner  "Squirrel Haven"
Gorham, Maine         04038-1331
s/v "Little Dipper" & "Edith P."