[Rhodes22-list] This is cause of America's problems...

elle watermusic38 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 29 22:38:37 EST 2007

In this area dogs are permitted to run deer.

The hunters loose the dogs at night, where they run
through the fields and forested areas (and through
posted land, as they are not 'hunting'), exhausting
the deer, which are then easily picked off in the
morning by the hunters sitting on the edge of the
fields in their plush trucks.

The dogs wear transmitters so the hunters can track
them. The hunters abandon any dogs that don't
'produce' or wander out of range. There is an
abandoned hunting dog up the road we are trying to
capture  as he is slowly starving...the dog warden
won't bother if he is not vicious....looks like we may
h ave to invent some teeth to get this pup rescued.

Through the sumer the hunters 'train' their dogs by
letting them run at night; many nights in this area we
are awakened by the howling & baying right outside our
homes as the dogs barrel through our properties.

We see many trucks from MD as well as VA during dog
season.

elle