[Rhodes22-list] repowering Fretless

Lou Rosenberg lsr3 at nyu.edu
Thu Oct 4 17:14:58 EDT 2007

Bob

thanks for your ideas and what you have done.
Let me say that I like Mary Lou's  approach with the table mount,
although I would raise my remote higher to be right under the tiller.

I would also want to see if I can use video/ film aluminum mounting
hardware to create a swing away arm that would fold under my port
seat and mount that rig about 2 ft aft of the cabin.  I work as a
videographer and there is so much aluminum mounting hardware
available which can be utilized for a custom mount.    It may work,
but I have  to do first things first.

I have to sand off all my old and new (wasted a gal of Trinidad
SR ..ouch!) and epoxy and barrier coat this 1981 hull that had been
abused.
Not all my fault.  I had an associate surveyor look at the hull in 05
and told me it looked ok , just paint it.

The top of my boat is almost all ready for its first sail, and I do
want a remote for my motor as the 6hp Tohatsu sits a bit low using my
new Garelick 4stk mount.

I have the manual start only with alternator for charging.  I m
hoping it works as delivered as there is a SAILNET discussion about
this motor which is very interesting.  more later

thanks
Lou