[Rhodes22-list] Compass and GPS Selection

Joe Babb joe.babb at comcast.net
Fri Oct 5 08:02:04 EDT 2007

Hi Dan,
We've been using a Garmin GPSmap 76S handheld and have been very happy
with it.  It has built in maps.  We used it once down around Tampa and
Fort Desoto in our fishing boat and then mostly have used it on area
lakes in East Tennessee.  On the coast it was handy to have to access
tide times.  Inland I have also used it to get moonrise and sunset
times.  It cost $200. from MegaGPS on the web.  It's display is
monochrome.  Seems like color jumps the price of these things.
Best,
Joe