[Rhodes22-list] sounder senders

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Thu Oct 11 08:53:01 EDT 2007

Joe,
Congrats on your new to you boat. Since I am the minimalist on the list, I
have to ask the question: do you really need this expensive piece of equipment?
 I am always the first one to bang into something if it's sticking out
anywhere  in the cockpit, so I don't have any electronics mounted anywhere other
than in  the cabin.
I guess it all depends on where you sail and how you plan to use the boat.
I've never had a need for a depth sounder since I sail on an inland lake and
when the centerboard starts to drag I know it's time to turn around. I use a
hand held GPS only to tell me my speed. It's hard to get lost on Lake Hartwell
so I don't need an electronic chart or plotter. Just in case I do get lost,
I keep a map of the lake on hand. 1000 miles of shoreline can get confusing at
 times.

Rummy