[Rhodes22-list] centerboard transfer -- was sherriff....

ben benonvelvetelvis at theskinnyonbenny.com
Thu Oct 11 10:22:44 EDT 2007

That's a funny story too.  I was sure that my boat was a couple years
before the diamond board were being installed.  I was doing a lot of
work in Rocky Mount, so one night, Stan left me a centerboard on his
Rocky Mount really late at night but happy with my purchase.  Of course,
it turns out that I really needed the diamond board.

I shipped my incorrect board back to Stan, and he shipped me a new
diamond board.  And UPS lost the return shipment.  You look at the
tracking info, and it's scanned once in Edenton, scanned again in
Raleigh, then nothing.  I would love to know who has a Rhodes 22
centerboard, and what they could possibly want with it.

So I repeated the Edenton run on my next trip to Rocky Mount.  This
time, I headed out in the dark before dawn.  I got to the factory as
they were pouring morning coffee, spent 10 minutes there (Stan claims
that this is the record for shortest customer visit to their plant), and
then hauled ass to Raleigh in order to catch my noon flight home.  This
time, the airline refused to let me slide on my oversize/overweight
checked bag fee, and they really reamed me good.  But it all turned out
well.