[Rhodes22-list] Reply to Diane Russell

DIANE RUSSELL mamaruss5 at verizon.net
Thu Oct 11 23:19:50 EDT 2007

Ed,

Yes, I have IMF. I love it compared to my previous standard sail on the
O'Day. It is a novelty in our harbor, only 1 other and it is a large boat.
It is so easy to use. I had a few times when I wasn't sure what to expect
with the crazy lake I'm on and had to quickly furl in again. With the
regular sail I might not have even tried! I have much to learn yet but it is
easier with this setup.

I will check in the archives more about the sink, thanks. And, no, we
haven't even had a light frost yet. It has been a very surprising fall so
far. Today was the first day I even thought about even pulling a jacket out
to wear and by late morning , one was not needed! It really makes me regret
having hauled at what seemed like a reasonable time.

About the mast hoist, what is a ballpark price? I did see a man in Canada at
the port we headed to carrying a mast hoist: is that the same as Stan's
would be? Something small?

I like the idea of the Vodka. Maybe I can just add soda and a lime in the
spring!

Diane