[Rhodes22-list] Diane Russell, Rhode's mast hoist system

petelargo petelauritzen at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 12 15:14:02 EDT 2007

My "ears" were burning today and I checked in and there's my name and
pictures.  First things, the 'Beast' (my 1986 Ford F-150) died a quiet death
this summer and I donated it to Kars for Kids. This Monday I am picking up
my 'new' 1996 Ford F150 one owner 83,000 original miles and I believe the
last year they made the famous inline 6. Aptly re-named Beast II.  The Red
Rhodes is still on Lake Watauga as I am going to try to squeeze a couple of
more days of sailing before pulling end of Oct-early Nov. I will be headed
down to Key Largo on December 14-15. The lake sailing was interesting and
fun but no comparison to the Florida Keys.

I am doing a fair amount of trailering between Boone and Key Largo, about
1000 miles each way twice a year, so it was good to see all the trailering
posts.

Also for those curious about the trailer vehicle concerns, I can tell you
that with both my V-6 4.3L Blazer and Ford Inline 6 tow the RHODES just fine
at 65 mph (it does take an hour to get to that speed).  I think a hefty 6 is
plenty of vehicle for this boat.

My view on 'must have' options: mast hoist and bimini

Pete

"My plan reduces the national debt, and fast. So fast, in fact, that
economists worry that we're going to run out of debt to retire." -- George
Bush in radio address, Feb. 24, 2001